Friday 28 June 2013

An outing

A real, out all day, trip up to London, albeit after my GP's appointment this morning, my first since the second week of April. I needed to go for one specific reason, something that could only be done in person at a Tube station booking office, and had to be done before the end of June, namely updating my Oyster card so that I can keep the reduced Tube fare concession that I get through my job - it took all of about a minute, once I'd presented myself, my Oyster card and the relevant documentation - but, beyond that, I wanted to go, partly to help to build up my post-hospital 'stamina', for want of a better word, but also to see a bit more of the world than I've been able to of late. It might sound a bit stupid, especially given that it was only 9 or 10 weeks since I was last in town, and that I didn't do anything more ambitious today than a bit of bus riding and watching the world go by, but it was almost exciting, and even a bit emotional, to be up there again. My current limitations reasserted themselves, though, as the day progressed - I'd arrived at Waterloo just after 11:00, and by 4:00 this afternoon, I'd pretty much had enough, and was ready to head back to base. I was rewarded, though, in the latter stages, with something I'd hoped for - a goodly dose of eye candy, mostly in the form of a French (speaking, at least - I guess they could have been Belgian, or even Québécois) school party, which was awash with cuties, all smack in the middle of my 'age of attraction', one in particular who was stunning, not to put too fine a point on it. All 'ghosts', of course - just floating through my senses for a few moments, never to be seen again, but, after almost three months in 'boy wilderness', very pleasant to see. A pretty good day, even if I ended up feeling thoroughly washed out for the second day in a row.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. EXCELLENT! I'm so glad you had a great day. And being totally wiped is OK, you'll sleep well, and that will help with the total recovery.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I certainly fell asleep early - well before 10:00 - although, as usual, that means that I'm up early this morning. I'll be out and about again over the weekend, I think, maybe even today - now I've got the taste for seeing something other than the inside of this room, I'm hungry for more!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete