Monday 3 June 2013

Signed up

I'm finally on the books of a local doctor, as confirmed by a letter I received this morning, and I'll be going along there on Wednesday morning for a double appointment, a 'new patient' check and an actual doctor's appointment. The second is the more necessary, as far as I'm concerned, because I am, on paper at least, due to go back to work on Thursday, but, in all honesty, I don't think I'm in any way fit to do so. I'll see what the doctor has to say, and take it from there.
The weather has been pretty nice here for the past few days, but I'm still largely stuck indoors, because I just don't feel up to doing much else. I'll probably take another short trip to the supermarket a bit later on, but that, I suspect, is as far as I'll get today. I'd very much like to do something more adventurous, go out and see the world - and some eye candy, if I'm being honest - but it just doesn't seem to be an option at the moment. I'll certainly have some lost time to make up for, as and when I'm sufficiently recovered.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. You must have had it BAD! But it does take a bit to get back to 100%. I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      The fact that I was in hospital for a week is pretty good evidence that my condition wasn't good - the NHS, for all its many virtues, is notorious for tipping people out of their inpatient wards as soon as possible, too soon in many cases. As I said to my boss when I updated him yesterday, I've never had anything as serious as this in my life, so I've got no idea how long it's supposed to take to get sufficiently better, not so much to be 100%, but to be able to function reasonably normally. Hopefully tomorrow's appointment at the doctors will shed some light on that question.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete