Thursday 19 January 2012

Here is wisdom



This is a bit trite, I guess, but I couldn't resist the temptation of marking my 666th post with a little bit of my favourite film. We were talking about films at work a while back, and when I said Damien - Omen II was my all-time number one, one of my colleagues said 'I can't believe you like that film, it's $?*^ing rubbish!' What I didn't say, of course, that at least 90% of the reason that I'm such a fan can be summed up in three words - Jonathan Scott-Taylor! And the part where he's reading from Revelation 13 (from 3:45, or thereabouts, in this clip), in his delicious, mellifluous boyish voice, pretty much free of the 'midatlantic' accent he affected for much of the film, is close to being my favourite film scene of all.
As an atheist, the plot is all nonsense to me, of course - I obviously believe in the Antichrist no more than his supposed adversary - but isn't escape from reality one of the major aims of the film industry, after all?

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the Damien films, whatever that says about me!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      The fourth instalment was appalling rubbish, IMHO, but, that aside, I liked all the films. And JST wasn't even the cutest boy in the series, as far as I'm concerned - Barnaby Holm, who played Peter in The Final Conflict was a stunner!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete