Wednesday 18 January 2012

Long day's journey into....Cornwall

With apologies to Eugene O'Neill!
Well, for much of today, I wasn't really looking forward that much to coming home, which was a depressant in itself, but now I'm here, I'm starting to feel more at one with the world. It hasn't helped that I've been feeling both very tired and a bit under the weather, and that my journey back seemed to take forever - I finished work at 1:20 today, but didn't walk through my front door until 8:10, virtually twice as long as it would have taken if my car was on the road - but the main issue was how my reunion with my wife might play out, given the very strained state of our relationship at the moment. In the event, it wasn't too difficult, although we haven't said a great deal to each other, really. At least we've managed to avoid any immediate acrimony, which has gone a good way towards my more positive frame of mind than that of a couple of hours ago.
I doubt that it would have gone down too well, though, if my wife had known what I was looking at while I waited outside our local station to be picked up - there's a church opposite that seems to host a lot of local activities (my daughter used to have dance classes there, several years ago), and there had obviously, by the attire of the participants, been something sporty going on this evening. And helping to tidy up were two absolutely delicious boys, one in particular, around 12 or 13, being an utter delight. Cornish cuties, again. One of the myriad reasons I love living here, and hate being away so much.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I worked at a high school today. One of the myriad reasons I work where I do.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    It's nice to have the odd 'perk' in your job, isn't it? I used, of course, to have DBJ to help me through many of my working days before I moved, although there's nothing else I miss about that place.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete