Friday 20 January 2012

Motivation, or its absence

I had a plan today, to head into 'town' to get my wife a present and card as it's her birthday tomorrow. And I did enact the plan - eventually. It was a major struggle to get myself going, though, for no particularly obvious reason, other than the fact that I'm still feeling very tired and not quite as well as I might be, two issues that are probably not coincidental. Lunchtime had come and gone, and I was on the verge of falling asleep, before I finally managed to flog myself into getting ready and walking up to the bus stop at almost 3:00 this afternoon. The trip was fairly painless, in the event - I set out without a clue as to what I was going to get by way of a present, but I managed to find something that I hope will be well received. I'll find out tomorrow, I guess.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I know how the "getting going" is on days off. It's hell for me to get out of bed before 10 or 11AM no matter what time I go to bed the night before.

    Happy birthday to your wife!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Yes, the temptation is to take 'R & R' to extremes when I'm at home, especially at this time of year (although, to be fair, it was actually a reasonably pleasant day, weather-wise, yesterday). I was within an ace of not bothering to go out at all, but I'm pleased I managed to find the impetus, in the circumstances.
      Thanks for the good wishes, I'll pass them on.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete