Saturday 7 January 2012

A specious connection

It's long been an assertion, but it seems now to have become an uncritically acknowledged 'fact'. Almost everywhere of late I've seen the word 'paedophile', the words 'rape' or 'rapist' are adjacent. So, the connection between sexual attraction and rape is universal, then, by that argument. That means that every 'normal' teleiophilic man who expresses his sexual attraction to a woman is a rapist, then. No, I thought not.
I doubt that my saying this again will change even one person's mind, but I'm going to say it anyway - just because I, and those like me, are attracted to those below whatever arbitrary 'age of consent' society chooses to enforce, doesn't mean that all my morality and self-control is automatically jettisoned. I can only speak for myself, but I'd be extremely surprised if it didn't apply to the vast majority of others in my position - I'm not remotely interested in raping anyone. Male or female, young or old. Rape is one of the most appalling crimes I can imagine, one which no-one should ever have to suffer. Funny, then, how many of those who cleave to the idea of the amorality of 'paedos', and their own moral superiority, advocate those same 'paedos' being raped in prison, should they find themselves there. Hypocrisy isn't a strong enough word for it.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. No doubt. Well said, Sammy.
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Thanks. I would like to think someone might read this post and realise that the 'kneejerk' reaction isn't necessarily the right one, but I suspect that hope is a vain one.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete