Sunday 15 January 2012

Slob Sunday

It's been one of those days - I haven't had the motivation to do anything, so I haven't done anything. I can excuse myself a little, though, given that I didn't finish the last shift of my week of nights until 7:30 this morning, then had the delight of a trip back on a 'rail replacement bus service' which took almost an hour and a half to get from 'work station' to 'domicile station' rather than the 32 minutes the train would have taken had the normal service been in place. By the time I'd had some breakfast - treating myself to bacon butties, as we would have had if I'd been at home - and wandered down to the new local supermarket to get some groceries (so, I suppose, I did actually do something, contrary to my claim of inactivity), I was more than a little surprised to glance at the clock and find it was almost midday. Given that I'm back on earlies tomorrow, the day was well advanced by that point, because I daresay I'll be in bed pretty early tonight, illuminating once more the delights of shift work. The morning wasn't entirely negative - the bus journey allowed me to admire a moderately cute paper boy I wouldn't have seen had I been on the train, and the shopping trip allowed a glimpse of a very sweet, albeit very young, blond cutie, one of the 'strictly only to look at and say "awwww" about' contingent, given that he was only about 8 or 9. A delight to look at, though, and no mistake.
This afternoon has been a slobfest, though - on the computer, a beer or three (although I've nearly run out now, sadly!), and another meal, stuffed chicken thighs and veg, a sort of simulacrum of a Sunday roast, impending. More torment for my liver and furred arteries, but is this the face of a worried man?

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat - intended to go to the gym (and still might...yeah right), but am enjoying sitting around watching the telly and reading blogs and a book. Tomorrow is a holiday, the last day off apart from weekends until the end of May. So I'll try to take advantage of that and get something done.
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm getting very low on energy now - I almost dozed off in front of the laptop a few minutes ago - not that, in all honesty, I've had much all day. I sspect bedtime is imminent! Enjoy your day off tomorrow, be it active or not.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete