Monday 23 January 2012

A mere 15 hours, door to door

Another marathon of a day, leaving home at 7:30 this morning, travelling back 'up country', straight to work, full eight hour shift, an hour back to the domicile, finally staggered into my room at just before 10:30 - so my claim in the title of this post is actually an exaggeration, but only by about five minutes. It hasn't helped that I've been feeling pretty rotten for most of the day - my wife was struggling with some sort of bug over the weekend, and it might be that I've picked up a little of whatever she's had, the battle between my immune system and whatever version of 'the dreaded lurgy' is kicking around leaving me thoroughly washed out. As ever, I'm sure I'll live, but it all adds to the general malaise.
The first few minutes waiting for and then on the first train this morning were interesting - it was the Cornish equivalent of the 'boys' school train' I sometimes catch back from work when I'm on nights, and there were a couple of very watchable cuties aboard. There was also a sighting of one of my daughter's former primary school classmates, who now attends the boys' equivalent of the girls' grammar my daughter goes to, and someone my daughter has kept in touch with. He arrived at the station shortly after I'd been dropped off, and looked at me for a few moments as though he might have remembered me, but we didn't speak, in the event, which was a shame. I can't blame him, though - I only really knew him through his coming to a couple of my daughter's birthday parties, and I hadn't seen him at all for nearly three years. To actually talk to a boy, even a brief, casual chat, would have been a nice change. Not to be, though.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Lotsa travel. But I guess I'll be hauling around jolly olde England next summer! Who know what sights I'll see!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Travel does often present some excellent views - especially, for me, on school trains!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete