Wednesday 15 February 2012

All too familiar

On the train, heading back for another three weeks away from home. I can hardly restrain my enthusiasm. It's my daughter's 14th birthday today, too, although I'm sure she'll miss my company rather less than I'll miss hers today, because she's been out in 'town' with friends for much of the day, and has a couple of the girls staying for a sleepover tonight. We did go into the city centre together this morning, though, to sort out her main present, in the shape of a new mobile phone, as her old one has, basically, worn out. She's on the same network as me now, so we've got plenty of inclusive intra-network talk time minutes to use, should she find her boring old dad a suitable conversational partner.
After my daughter had met up with her partners in crime, my wife and I went on to do some grocery shopping, and while we were making our way around the supermarket, I spotted a very eye-catching boy, but one who I wouldn't normally have said would be to my taste, in that he was more than a little androgynous - in fact, it took a second glance, and maybe even a third, to confirm that he actually was a boy, rather than a boyish looking girl (the jeans and fleece top he was wearing wasn't conclusive evidence in itself - my daughter went out dressed pretty similarly this morning). Boy he was, though, and a very good-looking one at that, and, as ever, one who enhanced my 'shopping experience'.
Not the only cutie of the day, either - there was (briefly) one on my previous train, a rather baby-faced (but older than he looked, I suspect), mischievous looking lad, with the nicest hair, a delicious shade of blond, that I've seen for some time. I could quite happily have whisked him off to keep me company in 'domicile-ville' - but only in my daydreams, of course.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your daughter!
    I'm glad you had the chance to send some time with her, even if early to her birthday.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Thank you for the good wishes, I'll pass them on. And, yes, the couple of hours together yesterday morning were certainly better than nothing, and enjoyable whle they lasted.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete