Wednesday 1 February 2012

A jittery anniversary, of sorts, and completion

I didn't realise until around 9:30 this morning, but my shift at work today was the equivalent point on our 30 week roster to the shift where I made my big mistake last summer. That realisation made me more than a little nervous, because I had to deal with the same procedure I'd screwed up on the previous occasion, while I was almost as busy as I'd been on that day. Needless to say, I double and triple checked everything, and, to my considerable relief, it all went as it should have on this occasion, as did the rest of what was a hectic shift overall.
There was another sensation of achievement later in the day, too, as I finished the story I've been working on for the last week and a half. It certainly won't be to everyone's taste, and may not be to anyone's taste, but I think Perihelion is the best thing I've written since Lucent, more than eighteen months ago, and possibly the best thing I've ever written. It's up on Nephelokokkygia now. I'm pretty proud of it.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day! AWESOME!
    I won't get a chance to look at Perihelion until later on, I disappear for my fundraiser starting tomorrow and it's too late tonight.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I hope your event is much more festive than frosty, and that everything goes well.
      I'm pleased to have finished and published Perihelion, but it seems to largely be sinking without trace. I'm still proud of it, though.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Hi there, Sammy

    I'm glad to hear you got through yesterday's shift without incident - hopefully that will lay to rest the ghosts from last summer.

    I'll be moving on to Perihelion shortly.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mark
      It was a considerable relief to get through unscathed, as it were. It was a huge knock to my confidence at the time, and I guess doing it right yesterday did have a degree of 'closure' about it.
      I hope you enjoy the story.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete