Sunday 12 February 2012

Opinions and twinges

I commented on a blog (with a different ID than the one I use here, keeping my real, virtual and secondary virtual personas separate, as I endeavour to do)  for the first time this morning. I've read it often enough, but this was my first comment. It didn't go especially well. I was, in my view, fairly rational, but not supportive of the content of the post. That, seemingly, was a mistake, because I got quite a bit of negativity coming back my way. I can take the criticism, I'm a big boy, but given the milieu (sceptical, atheist), I thought a bit more tolerance of views diverging from the 'party line' might have been forthcoming. I expressed an honest opinion, but because it wasn't, apparently, what some people wanted to hear, my integrity was called into question - I wasn't directly accused of being a 'troll', but the implication was there. The joys of cyberspace, I suppose.
From the disappointing, but less than earth-shattering, to the rather more worrying. My hiccuping heart has, since I've been on my medication, rarely been anything more than an inconvenience. Today, though, there has been an unwelcome development, and one I'm keeping close tabs on - I've had a series of uncomfortable, if less than outright painful, twinges in my chest. Any repetition tomorrow, and I'll be off to the doctor. It might not be anything significant, but I'd rather know than guess.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure that not all of the blogworld is as supportive as our little corner here...Too bad you found one of the less "tolerant" spots.

    I think I"d be visiting the doctor just based on the twinges you've already had. Better safe than dead.

    Hope that goes well.
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      One of those things, I guess, but I was just a bit disappointed that the only interest from the commenters concerned was to 'shout me down'. As you say, it's more congenial in 'our' part of cyberspace.
      The health situation is still under review - things seem OK this morning, but any doubts, and I'll seek medical advice.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete