Tuesday 7 February 2012

A stay of execution

Well, it looks like we're not going to be evicted - not yet, anyway. After our appointment this morning, the house is still ours - as long as we can find an extra £150 a month for the foreseeable future. It's a legally binding agreement, though, so we're under a kind of 'suspended sentence', which means, no doubt, more overtime and even less time at home for me. Short term pain for long term gain, hopefully. I'll be back off to Surrey in a couple of hours, albeit only for another two days or so - I should be back at home again by Friday lunchtime for my long weekend. Those long weekends are going to be the next sacrifice, though, the way things are looking - basically, while there's a chance of overtime, I simply can't afford to take 5 or 6 days off.
Earlier on, I saw two very different cuties on the round trip to take my daughter to school - on the way out, there was a boy, who my daughter knows from her school bus, who I thought looked around 14 or 15, but who, she told me, is actually in the sixth form, and thus definitely 'of legal age', but still very boyishly attractive, while the other, on the way back, was at the opposite end of the scale, from my perspective, around 11, in primary school uniform, but also a very sweet sight on a chilly morning. Not, of course, that either of them would have any interest in me, but I can daydream, at least.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment