Monday 20 February 2012

How to write off one day of your life

In the 24 hours up to 6:00 this morning, I've spent 14 hours at work, and another 3+ hours travelling to and from work. Yep, another of our double-shift Sundays has come and gone, an early shift and then back for nights last night. Fun, fun, fun. Or something.
At least I managed to be in the same room as my colleague's stepson for two hours or so yesterday morning without making a complete fool of myself - he wasn't quite as cute as I'd been led to believe, or led to imagine, anyway, although he certainly wasn't all that difficult to look at. Fortunately for me, I didn't get that many opportunities to look at him, given my work and the fact that I had my break while he was there, and spent some time eating cereal and playing another round of mindless games on my phone in the mess room. I did look at least once too often, though, and the boy himself noticed, but we'd sort of been introduced by that point, and he just smiled a little, amiable smile at me when he looked up from whatever he had been engrossed in on his own phone. A bit of a bullet dodged, all in all.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Glad it went well. Always a good thing!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Yes, it certainly could have been more of a pitfall than it proved to be. I just hope my colleague doesn't start making a habit of bringing the boy along!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete