Thursday 9 February 2012

Snow, snow, stay away!

I've finished work now for my long weekend, but I didn't get away in time to travel home this evening, so the plan is to get the first train down from 'domicile-ville' in the morning. However, the weather might have a say in whether that plan comes to fruition. It started snowing about two hours ago, and while we're not facing blizzard conditions by any stretch of the imagination, it's snowing fairly steadily, and with the air and ground being relatively cold, it's already settling. Given the propensity for the UK, especially the southern half of the country, to descend into chaos at the slightest sign of snow and ice, I'm reserving judgment as to whether I'll be able to travel as intended.
Earlier on, I had a day of the proverbial 'two parts'. This morning saw the birth pangs of a new story, one which, if it takes shape, might mark something rather different from my previous output - the very early paragraphs could form the basis of a surreal, sci-fi-ish, historical-ish, dreamworld-ish saga. I've got a few slightly off the wall ideas about how to nudge it forward, so we'll see how it goes.
Then I went to work, and, having swapped positions with on of my colleagues to avoid the 'assist' desk I so dislike, promptly got the job around my neck all afternoon and evening, especially the last two hours before I finished. Ironically, he ended up having to assist me for quite a bit of the shift, as the infrastructure fell to bits, so to speak, around us. And that was before the snow had arrived. Best of luck, night shift!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. We are maintaining mild conditions, though I wouldn't mind a snow day or two!!!

    Another new idea! The brain is a-churning!

    Work didn't sound fun. My boss seems to be having mini-strokes, he is making some weird decisions, like saddling me with a project that a far more qualified person had already started on, so now I am the "point person"...We shall see...

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I've made it back home, the snow wasn't too terrifying, in the event, and petered out altogether about halfway down, Needless to say, it was raining when I got into Cornwall!
      I guess you could look on the bright side as far as your work project goes - at least your boss seems to think you're up to the challenge. Hope it goes well.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete