Thursday 2 February 2012

Odd

Odd, that is, how much writing Perihelion had taken over my life, or, at least, the spare time part of it, over the past week and a half, something I didn't properly realise until it stopped after I pressed 'Publish Post' last night. Looking at my 'normal', non-Blogger browser history (I always access Blogger via an incognito window, so it doesn't show up) over that period - well, basically, there isn't one, apart from a few utilitarian things like paying some bills and looking at the football results. It's made me reflect on how much emotional capital I put into the story - it isn't autobiographical at all in a plot sense, there's never been a 'Ricky' in my life (more's the pity), but there is quite a lot of me in the protagonist, the emotional, passionate but often aloof 'Pete', who is ultimately a boy at heart, and who wants nothing more than another boy to love.
It would be nice if I could get that wrapped up in writing again, preferably with a lighter story, maybe in a different genre. I have got a couple of fragmentary things that might fit the bill, if I can keep the 'writing bug' going.
Real life has just intervened, in the shape of yet another 'difficult' phone conversation with my wife. I've said it before, and I'll doubtless say it again - I should've stuck to boys.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I promise I'll read it when I can give it my full attention. I prefer to do that for stories and things that require my mind to engage.

    Sorry about the call. I keep hoping for a breakthrough of some sort.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    You, and indeed anyone else, are under absolutely no obligation whatever to read what I write. If you choose to read, I consider that a privilege for which I'm very grateful.
    There are times when breakdown rather than breakthrough seems the order of the day. This evening, unfortunately, was one of them.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete