Monday 6 February 2012

Snow, a football cutie and an unwelcome journey

It had begun snowing, fine, 'frozen drizzle' kind of snow, before I got back to my accommodation on Saturday night, so I peeked through the curtains at the outside world with some degree of trepidation when I got up yesterday morning. And there had been substantially more snow, as well, two or three inches. The only saving grace was that I didn't have to be at work until 3:30, so I stayed in the warm until the last possible minute (having checked online how the trains were running, given the propensity of the network to stutter as soon as any amount of snow arrives - on this occasion, things went pretty well) before slipping and sliding my way to the station.
The trip to work was the highlight of the day, thanks to a young man en route to the Chelsea v Manchester United game with his dad (presumably), who got on the train about a third of the way into the journey. He was a definite cutie, 12/13, very kissable-looking, to my eye. Not only did I get to admire him across the carriage - at least until someone sat just in front of me, and spoiled the fun! - but I spent a couple of minutes almost close enough to him to breathe on the back of his neck, getting off the train and then walking up the station steps. Shivers, and no mistake, and nothing to do with the weather!
And now, this evening, I'm back at home for a flying visit, but not in congenial circumstances. After tomorrow, we could be looking at a really serious problem, in connection with our financial travails. Much as I like being at home, this is the sort of scenario I could well do without.

2115 edit - Another football cutie in evidence - I'm watching the Liverpool v Spurs game on Sky, and the Spurs pre-game 'mascot' was an absolute little darling. Very young, and strictly just to look at, but very nice to look at.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment