Thursday 23 February 2012

Another good reason

Not to be a Christian, that is. Apparently, Rick Santorum doesn't think you can be both a 'liberal' and a Christian, that 'I don't believe there is such a thing (liberal Christianity)'. So, given that you can only be one or the other, in his view, how could anyone with a shred of compassion and consideration for others even countenance being a Christian? I've read elsewhere that even many in the higher echelons of the Republican Party are now terrified that Santorum might actually win the presidential nomination, and are doing all they can to prevent that eventuality, because they realise that his unremitting extremism makes him completely unelectable. I sincerely hope they're right.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. I sincerely hope he is the candidate, then Obama stands a chance at getting elected. WOOHOO!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    To even have Santorum as a candidate, and thus with a chance, however small, of becoming the most powerful individual in the world is, as I've said before, a prospect I find utterly terrifying. 'Holy Wars' would ensue, waged against his own people just as much as against the rest of us infidels, in my view - and I could be on my way to a concentration camp, because you just know the Tories over here would jump on the coattails of whatever lunacy emerged from your side of the water.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cannot go wrong with this bunch of GOP loonies!!!

    They even make GWB and Sarah Palin look good...

    ...well, maybe not.

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      I just hope these particular lunatics don't get the chance to take over the asylum, because, given your country's status as the only superpower, with global reach and 'power projection' to match, the asylum is, effectively, all of us, everywhere.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete