Monday 27 February 2012

Dark recesses

After yesterday, some of the shadowy places in my head have asserted themselves today. In particular, I've started writing a story which, if I get it finished and published, will definitely not appeal to the lovers of happy endings. The plot is all there in my head, it's just a matter of finding the words to flesh out the framework. If I can bring myself to do it, that is. The aim of this stuff, from my point of view, is catharsis, but each piece of the dark jigsaw I drag out into the world seems only to uncover two others, like some kind of Hydra, a bottomless pit of horrors to haunt and taunt me. And all the while, in spite of the turmoil within, I have to go out and face the world, to put on my mask of 'normality' and pretend I'm something other than my real self, day after day. Because if I don't keep up the charade, who knows what I'll lose - maybe everything. Dark is hardly a strong enough word to describe what's going on.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment