Friday 15 February 2013

15 on the 15th

My daughter, that is, 15 today. As she said the other day, though, it's a bit of a nothing birthday in terms of any new things she's legally entitled to do that wasn't the case yesterday, and she's even more peeved that she's got to go to school today - her birthday falls, more often than not, in the half term holidays, but that break is a week later this year, with Easter being relatively late. Still, she's got a few things to look forward to next week - she's going to Bristol for a gig on Monday, staying over with friends afterwards, and then coming up here on Tuesday to stay for a couple of days (I hope she's looking forward to that part, anyway - I know I certainly am, not having seen her yet this year).
Yesterday came and went quietly - it was my first Valentine-free Valentine's Day for over twenty years, at least in terms of giving, my ex not having reciprocated for a few years past. It was one of those days that I thought might have caused a few emotional flutters on my part, but, in the event, I was pretty unconcerned. Maybe I am, finally, beginning to come to terms with what's happened over the last year, even though there's still no real focus to what I do and where I go next. I'm still marking time, to a large extent, trying to decide the best path for me, and the practicalities involved in finding and following that path. In the meantime, I just keep on keeping on - I had a text asking me to work an extra shift on Sunday, to cover for a rostering faux-pas, about half an hour ago, and I've agreed. Why, other than habit, I couldn't say.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andy
    Thank you, I'll pass the greetings on when I speak to her later.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. My birthday wishes, too! I remember 15, as you say, it's not all that special, except for us here in the states, it's another year closer to the DRIVERS LICENSE!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Oddly enough, my daughter has said several times that she doesn't want to learn to drive, although whether she'll stick to that resolution when faced with the realities of adult life remains to be seen! I'll certainly pass on the good wishes, I'm sure they'll be much appreciated.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete