Saturday 23 February 2013

Fragile

That's how I'm feeling at the moment, both physically and emotionally. I wouldn't say I was feeling ill, exactly, but I certainly don't feel as though I'm firing on all cylinders, either. Quite why that should be, I don't know, although I have had a bad back for more than a week now, which has led to me not sleeping well, even by my low standards in that context, so maybe I'm just tired. The emotional side of things is largely to do with the perceived issues in my relationship with my daughter, which, while it's only a potential problem so far, is something that would be a major concern if it progressed from the potential to the actual.
That said, though, the past few days have been largely enjoyable. It was lovely, of course, to see my girl and spend some time together, and that has been followed by a visit from my brother and his wife, to do what they decided they wanted as their Christmas present from me - a brewery trip, to Fullers in Chiswick, which we went on yesterday afternoon. We went out for a meal afterwards, they stayed over at 'domicile-ville' last night, and we had lunch out today as well, before they had to head back early this afternoon. It was nice to see them, the company and conversation were more than pleasant, and the trip yesterday was something out of the ordinary, albeit that I had been there before some years ago.
Now, though, it's back to what passes for normality these days, on my own for the rest of my long weekend, mooching around West London, no doubt. I'll try and make the best of it, anyway.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. PLEASE don't overthink this thing with K. It will only make it worse, and could potentially be perceived by her, thus becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

    The rest of the weekend sounds great! I went to the gym, then to a friend's house to do some radio stuff, now debating a nap before another calls to get together at a favorite watering hole/restaurant. Well cool!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm trying, very hard, not to expose K to my doubts and fears, because I don't want to put any sort of pressure on her, or even be perceived to be doing so. Those fears are still there, though, and need to be addressed, by me, and, in many ways, for me.
      I hope your weekend goes as well as you would wish.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete