Saturday 2 February 2013

Another 'where do I go now'?' moment

I've spent quite a bit of the last day and a half pondering the question in the title. There is a more general version of the question about my life as a whole, which I have no idea how to answer, but this version is about the blog, and its future. It seems to me that there are four alternatives - I can carry on as hitherto,  I can head for the anodyne, and only talk about uncontroversial subjects, I can scrap the whole thing, or I can say 'sod it!' and say exactly what I want without the slightest consideration, apart, perhaps, of avoiding having the blog nuked. My gut reaction, I have to say, is to go for the last option, and just be myself, warts and all. I'm well aware that I'm already well beyond the pale in many people's eyes, so a little more extremity is hardly going to alienate more individuals than I have already.
In that vein, I've been in my 'London local' for a while, finding it, for reasons that should have been completely predictable, much busier than usual. Predictable, because it's within easy walking distance of a Premier League football ground, where a big match is being played this evening. The place was a bit of a cattle market, for a while, although it's quieter now that the football crowd have decamped to the match, but the collateral advantage from my point of view was that there were a goodly number of boys on the premises. One in particular was an absolute little darling, sitting no more than half a dozen paces away, albeit, from my perspective, mostly obscured by his father, just my thing, blond and excruciatingly good looking, if slightly too young, even for me. That said, though, I would quite happily have whisked him away somewhere, had the opportunity arisen - subject, always, to his willingness - and if that admission upsets anyone, I'm afraid that's their problem rather than mine.

Love & best wishes to all
 Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I find it's easier to just be myself on my blog. Key word here is "my". Post what you want...I'll not abandon you.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I intend to do my best to carry on being myself, and talking about the way I navigate what, for me, are the turbulent waters of my interaction with society and its norms. Thank you for your continued, and much valued support.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete