Sunday 24 February 2013

Nearly, but not quite

For an hour or so this evening, it looked as though I might have been making an impromptu trip to Cornwall tomorrow. My ex rang me and told me that her dad isn't at all well, and that she might need to head to the Midlands, which would have meant there being a need for someone to look after our daughter. Not that, at 15, she needs an awful lot of looking after, but she's still not quite old enough to be left to completely fend for herself for an indeterminate period. After a series of phone calls, though, between us and between my ex and her sister, it seems that her dad's condition isn't quite as serious as it appeared to be at first, so my ex has decided to put her trip on hold for the moment, and approach it in a slightly more planned fashion. I made it clear to her, though, that I'm available to ditch work and go, as and when circumstances dictate, and while I'd obviously always do it for our daughter, I'd just as readily do it for her, too. As I've said before, I still love her, even if the feelings aren't reciprocated.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the situation wasn't as dire as first presented. It's never good when someone you love has a parent so very ill. It is good that you can take off work to help out with your daughter.
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Yes, it's good that her dad is still battling on - apart from the effect his situation has on my ex, I always got on well with him. He's 80 next month, though, so any health issue is going to be magnified at that age. As far as work goes, if they don't like it, tough - as I've said before, it wouldn't take a great deal to push me towards early retirement anyway, and the management being awkward about me looking after my daughter might well be the straw that would break that particular camel's back.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete