Friday 1 February 2013

Stupidity

Stupid of me to have done what I did around this time yesterday, and stupid of me to have written about it. Stupid of me to expect anything from having done either. Stupid of me to have any hope at all that I'll ever find what I'm looking for, either in terms of a relationship with a special individual, or in terms of acceptance from the world at large, even acceptance of my celibate, 'admire them from a distance' lifestyle. Stupid of me to bother carrying on at all, really.
I didn't come to Blogland to fish for sympathy, and that's not what I'm looking for now. I came here to try and find a place where I could be myself, and where I could try to come to terms with the turmoil in my head, by means of laying it out in black and white. Failed on both counts. Stupid to have tried.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Not stupid. I'm so sorry I said what I did. I should have considered your feelings - even if I was being sarcastic, facetious, whatever.

    You need to carry on, at least for your daughter. That's a given. The rest, well, I don't know.

    Not stupid. And laying it out can make some things at least a little easier to deal with.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I wasn't upset in a 'hurt feelings' kind of way when I saw your comment, I was bloody annoyed, as I would imagine you gathered from my reply. That said, though, it's all part of the interplay of having an open blog, with open comments, and I don't feel that you need to apologise for saying what you thought - I'm sure there are many who would have commented in far harsher terms, and doubtless have received an equally, if not more, forthright reply from this end.
      As for carrying on, I kind of addressed that in the following post - if anything, I'm more determined to stand my ground, and, as long as I abide by the law, to defend my right to exist, as I am, even if 'society', or large parts of it, would have it otherwise.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete