Thursday 14 March 2013

0500, and I've succumbed

After laying awake for over an hour, coughing my lungs up, I've finally had to give best to this chesty thing I've been dragging around all week, and rung in sick. It's bloody frustrating, though, because I was due to be working a very straightforward overtime shift today, before being due a couple of days off anyway. When you can't even catch your breath getting to the shower room twenty yards away at the end of the corridor, though, it's probably safe to assume that your body is telling you something significant. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to sleep at some point, to give my system some respite, and hopefully allow some recuperation. Meh!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. UGH! I do hope you get well soon! I'd hate to give up overtime (something that I've not seen in many, many years).

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm still feeling pretty ropey, in all honesty - today is the first of what was supposed to be three days off, but the chances of me getting out of my accommodation don't seem very high at the moment. I'll see how I feel a bit later on, anyway. And thanks again for the good wishes.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete