Wednesday 27 March 2013

Early days, but....

....there may be a chink of light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. Our internal vacancy list currently hosts a job I've been after since we first moved to Cornwall in 2000, and which I was effectively cheated out of, by a now departed manager, the last time it was advertised, and about which I was blatantly lied to by my former manager, when it wasn't advertised when I was told it would be during the time I last worked in Cornwall, so when my application goes in this time, as it will in the next few days, they're going to have to have a damn good reason not to give me the job, given that there's no possibility of anyone else with anywhere close to my background and experience applying - that's not me being self-aggrandising, that's just a fact - frankly, if they do try to give it to someone else, I'll take it through the grievance procedure, if necessary. And, of course, if I do get the job, I can go back to the part of the country I now think of as 'home', and be close to my daughter, as well, maybe even have her living with me formally. The fact that I could rent a smart two bedroom flat, with a sea view, no less, for less than the price of a grotty bedsit in my current 'work-town', after a brief perusal of property websites, isn't exactly an inhibiting factor, either. Given my, to say the least, chequered history in connection with this job, I'm not making any assumptions until I walk through the door of the place for my first day, but I'm absolutely determined to do anything in my power to make sure I do walk through that door.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sammy

    Best of luck with the job application - I think you deserve to get it.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good luck!!! I hope this comes through!!!!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mark & jay
    I spoke to the 'second-level' manager today, the named contact for information about the job, and someone I know, and he didn't sound overly thrilled at my interest in going for it. That's his problem, though - I want to go back 'home', and, given that this is perhaps my best chance of doing it, I'm going to do my utmost to succeed. Time will tell whether determination will be enough.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete