Saturday 30 March 2013

Contrasts, and a pretext

On the equivalent day of last year, the last Saturday in March, I was sitting outside 'work-town' Wetherspoons in shirtsleeves, catching some rays. Today, it snowed, albeit not for very long, but the precipitation was indicative of the temperature. There's been quite a lot of nonsense spoken about climate change as a result of the roughly 15°C difference in temperature from this time last year - this isn't climate, it's weather, which is not the same thing at all - but, for all that, this extension of winter, as I said a few days ago, isn't at all welcome.
Another contrast from twelve months ago is around my personal situation. Then, I was emotionally shot to pieces, in the fairly immediate aftermath of the infamous phone call, but relatively healthy physically, whereas today, I'm feeling almost diametrically opposite that position, my physical health is, frankly, crap, while my emotional state is pretty neutral, not an issue of much note at all.
While I was out and about this afternoon, on a bus route I hadn't travelled on before, I passed a pub. It just happened to be the pub where the start of this video was shot - I knew the pub was in London, but I was under the impression it was in a completely different area. Which gives me the pretext to post the video itself, and share one of my favourite records ever with the world.



Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. GOOD STUFF!!!! I always like it when I see things in videos, movies, etc., that I can identify because I've been there or whatever.

    Sounds like your weather is as screwed up as ours. I am actually looking forward to SUMMER just so it will quit being ridiculously cold.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I loved the music, too!
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It's a good song, in my opinion, from an underestimated band. And to stumble on the location for part of the video was, as you suggest, a fun thing to happen.
      We went onto British Summer Time overnight, but the weather is anything but summery - it is quite bright this morning, but there was a heavy frost in evidence when I got up. Maybe we're going to get a good summer to compensate - I certainly hope so!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete