Monday 18 March 2013

A sense of duty, and its perils

Well, peril is probably a bit strong, really, but never mind! I dragged myself back into work today, but, in all honesty, if I'd known how the day was going to go, I might well have at least one more day on the sick list. Not that it was a particularly bad shift, just that I was still feeling pretty dismal, and the weather, particularly this afternoon when I was making my way into work, was vile, cold and wet. I got soaked, twice, once at either end of the commute, which I doubt will do much to speed my overall recovery. So much for being dutiful.
The first part of the day was better, though, as I managed to make yet more progress with my latest story. Despite the relatively late hour, I'm going to go back to it this evening, too - I've still got the bug, so I'm going to try and stick with it as long as I can. Whether it will mean that the story will ever be finished, though - well, that, as always with my writing, is another matter entirely!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I hate going in when I feel so damn awful. But sometimes, duty calls.

    Glad you're writing! Hope it all comes together.
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I've always been blessed - or is it cursed! - with a strong work ethic, I've been to work at times in the past when many, if not most would have been in their sick beds. I'm not sure, certainly in my company, that you're any better thought of for it, though!
      I did write a little bit more last night, and may well dabble again this morning. I haven't quite got an ending yet, but I know the sort of ending I want. It looks like being my longest story to date, too, although, as I said the other day, mere quantity isn't an aim in itself.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete