Friday 29 March 2013

Sleepless in Surrey

Not exactly a new rom-com, just me woken up, yet again, by a fit of coughing and unable to get back to sleep again. I would've needed to be up in half an hour or so, anyway, to get ready for work - it might be a Bank Holiday 'long weekend' for many in the UK, but I'm working right through until next Thursday, for my sins.
It's not all bad, though - while I was laying awake, coughing and intermittently attempting to refill my lungs, I've actually had an idea for my story, of how to get from where it is now towards the ending I already had in mind. So, a slew of new characters have already been born in my head, to be unleashed on an unsuspecting world whenever I get the time - and, given my sleep deprivation, the energy - to write some more.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Holiday? What's a holiday? Unless we get more snow, I don't get another holiday until Monday, 27th May, Memorial Day. Argh. Next week is spring break for our little chickadees, no time off for me! Too much to do.

    Glad you've gotten an inspiration! Cool!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Despite being almost insensible with fatigue last night, I did manage to write the first part of the new 'linking' section of my story, building on the musings of the early hours.
      Next weekend is my 'spring break' - I'll be off for six days, and, in the absence of anything unforeseen, K will be here for most of that time. I just hope my health is sufficiently robust to make the most of it.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete