Thursday 21 March 2013

Xandering and meandering

Up early again this morning, if not exactly bright - I was feeling thoroughly washed out by the time I got in from work at 10:30 last night, and not even the attractions of immersing myself once more in my fiction writing - 'Xander' is the name of one of the main characters in the story I've been working on of late, hence the post title - as I had yesterday morning, could keep me awake for long. The way my metabolism seems to work these days, though, I appear never to be capable of sleeping for more than about five and a half hours, so I was irrevocably awake before 6:00. I'll try and make the best of it, because it's my day off today, and I'm not working until tomorrow afternoon, so I'll make my way up to town again, once the rush hour has subsided somewhat, for my usual day-off diet of watching the world go by from bus windows, and maybe some liquid refreshment later on. I'm trying to convince myself to go and get my hair cut, too, but, as ever, my aversion to hairdressing might win out on that front. I'll have to see how brave I'm feeling later!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! Time off and wandering to do! After a couple of pints, you'll be able to stand a shearing! Have fun.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Predictably enough, I had the beer, but chickened out on the haircut front, before the day, or at least my mood, deteriorated substantially, as per my next post. I'll get over it, though, I guess - I've got some time off in a fortnight, and my daughter should be visiting, unless anything unforeseen happens, so there is something for me to look forward to. I hope your weekend goes well.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete