Sunday 24 March 2013

Struggling, and Xander (nearly) incarnate

I've been feeling really rotten for the past couple of days, still suffering, I think, from the effects of the chest infection I was off sick with at the end of last week. It's really slowed me down - I seem to find myself out of breath in no time, just doing fairly mundane things like walking to and from the station, things which, although I'm anything but super-fit, are normally no problem at all. I don't think the low temperatures of the past couple of days are helping much, either, the cold air seeming to make me even more prone to coughing fits than I have been. Falling to bits, there's no doubt about it.
My story is still progressing, another little chapter added before I set out for work at lunchtime. The 'juvenile lead' is based on the boy I saw on honeymoon, at least in terms of appearance, but I saw another boy, of around the same age, at 'work-town' station on my way back this evening who wasn't a million miles from my mental picture of Xander. Enough to take my mind off of my physiological ills, at least for a few moments!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Man, I hope you GET WELL FAST!!!! Being sick is no damn fun at all.

    Glad the writing is coming along!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      First impressions suggest today is going to be heavy going again - if I'm marginally better, that's as much as I can say. At least I've got a day off tomorrow, so some R & R might well be on the agenda.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete