Saturday 16 March 2013

Making the best of a bad job

Despite my hopes to the contrary, I still didn't feel up to going out today, so I've spent another day 'within these walls', as it were. My original intention was to try to go back to work on Monday, but that's now rather in the balance - I'll wait to see how I feel in the morning before I decide.
In the event, I've spent a goodly part of the day writing - I've been working on one of the two drafts I've resurrected recently, but not, contrary to the buzz I had a few days back, on the Lucid/Lucent sequel, but on the other. It's showing signs of developing into a rather longer story than I'd originally envisaged, but whether its quality is on a par with its quantity is, to say the least, doubtful. I do quite like the two central characters, though, so, who knows, it might turn into something worthwhile, eventually.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are writing, but sad you are still ill. I do hope you get better quickly (unless, like me, you get more sick leave than you can use in a lifetime - unless they want you to!).

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I've finally had something resembling a decent night's sleep, as opposed to the past few days where I've been waking up at all hours in fits of coughing, so I'm hopeful that I am actually on the mend - I'll be back to work tomorrow, anyway.
      The story came on quite a bit yesterday, but it's still quite a long way from completion, I think. I'm hoping that the motivation won't desert me.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete