Thursday 7 March 2013

Variety, jealousy and absurdity

I finished work this morning just in time to catch my more regular train back to 'domicile-ville' - I stepped aboard with literally fifteen seconds to spare - which, while it meant that I missed the opportunity to see the person I'd noticed a couple of times earlier this week, and I'm still not going to to say much more than that about him, for the reasons I gave yesterday, did mean that I was treated to a variety of 'eye candy' during my journey, given that the earlier train is used by many school-bound cuties. That journey, along with another boy I saw in 'domicile-ville' town centre when I made a brief grocery shopping trip before heading back to my accommodation, pretty much covered the full range of the objects of my attraction - there was a fragile looking little thing on the train, hardly looking old enough to be out on his own, maybe 11 or 12, until you saw his mischievous little smile when talking to his friends and realised there was probably a bit more about him than 'little boy' innocence, several around the 13/14 age range I like the most ('work-town station boy' also falls into that group, but there's something more that caught my attention in his case), while the town centre boy was a big, strapping, probably almost legal guy who certainly wouldn't have been out of place, physique-wise, in a rugby team, but who retained just enough hints of boyishness to still fall into the very top end of my 'window'. All academic, of course, because I didn't and don't expect anything more than visual contact with any of them. I can daydream, though.
Speaking of which, I watched a music video this morning that had been posted overnight, and which, initially, caused me a little confusion, because I thought I remembered seeing the video before, but didn't recall the song it was 'backing' at all. The mystery was soon solved, as I remembered where I'd seen it (I went there to check), and the fact that I had, for some reason, only watched the first minute or two of it, hence the song not ringing too many bells. One of the scenes in the video had me mouthing some not very complimentary things in the direction of one of its characters, though, on grounds of pure jealousy - there was a short sequence of a shirtless boy, right in the middle of my 'age of attraction', kissing a slightly older girl. I won't repeat the thoughts that went through my head, because they weren't very gentlemanly, but the gist of it was that I considered the girl was in the place I should have been occupying!
I've had an idea sloshing around in my head for a couple of months now, an idea for a new story in a completely different genre than anything I've considered or attempted before, a huge, sweeping epic, a sort of 'Genghis Khan in space' saga. All I really have at the moment is the idea, a very vague plot outline and a title, and not a single word committed to either paper or silicon. Why on earth I should think I've got either the capacity or the perseverance to embark on such a thing, given my lamentable record of not completing even short stories, is anyone's guess, but, as I said in the first parargraph, I suppose - I can daydream!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. It was an interesting video, wasn't it? Ahhhhh, day dreaming!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Interesting is one word for it! Maybe it's just the way my warped mind works, but there seemed to be a hint of something incestuous in there somewhere. I still think it should've been me kissing him, though!!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete