Sunday 31 March 2013

The deed is done

I went into work an hour early today to sort out my application for the job back at 'home', and it has now winged its way, electronically, off to the HR mob in Manchester. The ball is now in the court of the Devon and Cornwall management of my employer, as to whether they think I'm the person they want for the job, or not. I have had a couple of wobbles since midweek about whether it was even worth me applying, given the way things have gone with this job in the past, but, as I said to my daughter earlier, I do ideally want to go back, if it's at all possible, so to not even try would have been something akin to a surrender.
Today's beginning of British Summer Time hasn't done anything to improve the weather - it snowed again as I was walking back from the station this evening, albeit only a brief flurry - but at least it marks the start of lighter evenings, which is never a bad thing in my book. I'm sure it will warm up, eventually - won't it?!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. I wish you luck, Sammy. I know how it is to apply for different jobs. It takes some gumption, no matter how it's gone in the past, and how things are personally. I know it took me 3 tries to get the job I'm in now, and it was, in hindsight, worth it. I hope you get it, you'll be a lot happier in Cornwall, I think!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I certainly would like to get the job and be able to go home, but I'm being almost exaggeratedly pessimistic at the moment, in case things don't work out. I'm definitely going to give it my best shot, though.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Hi there, Sammy

    Best of luck with the job application. I trust this new workplace won't have the issues that the old one did with antisocial behaviour by the local youths.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mark
      I wouldn't anticipate any such issues, given the location. The only concern at the moment, as I said to Jay, is the attitude of the local management towards my application. Time, as ever, will tell.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete