Friday 10 May 2013

I tried, I really did

But I still didn't make it to work last night. I didn't get up early enough to do the 'leave very early on the last bus' move I'd done on Wednesday, so I was faced with the prospect of trying to walk to the station. I got ready to leave quite a bit earlier than I normally would, knowing that if I was going to walk, it would take a hell of a lot longer than usual, but, in the event, I didn't even make it past the front gate of the establishment where my accommodation is - 100 yards totally defeated me. I was so upset with myself, I hate letting people down, especially at the last minute, but I just couldn't help it. I'm going to try to get to see a doctor as soon as I can, but the only place I can go in 'domicile-ville' is as far from here as the station is, so when, exactly, I'll be able to stagger up there remains to be seen.
One upshot of all of this is that I'm seriously considering early retirement - I'm old enough, or more to the point, have been working for my company long enough, to be able to take my pension, albeit that I'd only get about 85% of the projected total at my current age, and the way I'm feeling at the moment, I don't think I'm going to live long enough to take advantage of that pension any other way. It's far from being a done deal yet, but to have some life that doesn't revolve around work, unlike the past 35 years, is a thoroughly appealing prospect.

Love & best wishes
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could win the Irish Sweepstake, too!

    Do they still havr that?

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      Don't know about the Irish Sweepstake, but a winning lottery ticket tomorrow wouldn't come amiss. Not holding my breath, though.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete