Tuesday 7 May 2013

Thousand

Over the course of the past couple of months, I've had various grandiose plans for this post, from huge retrospectives, via a summary of 'highlights' of the past three and a bit years, to some attempt at writing something profound in a more general sense. In the event, though, a combination of the knowledge that, when Nephelokokkygia and my more or less private ranting 'scratchpad' of last year are taken into account, I passed the purported 'milestone' months ago, and the fact that I'm sitting writing this in the middle of yet another sleepless night, have conspired to make me realise that this really is 'just another' post, even though it marks 1000 posts since the inception of Semicentennial, and its subsequent metamorphosis into Quinquagenarian, in February 2010. My life has changed in just about every significant respect in that time, of course, mostly for the worse, but as that is pretty much what the whole blog is about, so there doesn't seem to be much to be gained by recapitulating that here. So, apart from thanking my readers, and especially my followers, for their patience in the face of my largely undiluted outpourings of doom and gloom, there doesn't really seem to be much more that can be usefully added.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Siiiigh...a thousand posts. I can't imagine it.

    I am so glad to have met you during this "ranting" (is that a noun?). It's nice to have a kindred spirit out there.

    I know you've had a rough couple of years, but I must ask...hasn't the freedom meant something? Even with all the loss? Maybe I'm being too personal, so bitch slap me if I am.

    Thanks for being you, and for being my friend.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Maybe if I really was free to be myself, the loss might have been worth it, but as there's no chance of that, in any conceivable circumstances, the prediction I made, somewhere back in the 'deep time' of the blog, that I would lose everything and gain nothing if I ever came out, has proved to be all too accurate. That said, hindsight is, of course, the most useless commodity known to man, so there's little point dwelling on it, I guess.
      Thank you, as ever, for your friendship and support. I really do appreciate it.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete