Thursday 2 May 2013

Jake....and Xander

Another day of disturbed sleep patterns - I was asleep for a good chunk of the morning, and again in the mid-evening, but now, in the middle of the night, I'm wide awake - and another day where I got no further from my room than the shower at the opposite end of the corridor. There was, though, an unexpected dose of eye candy, simply by virtue of looking out of my window at lunchtime - the establishment where my accommodation is has a small swimming pool, in a separate building, and it's used for swimming lessons sometimes. One such took place today, evidently involving the pupils at the top end of a local primary school, and one of their number, the biggest and oldest looking boy, although he wouldn't have been more than 11, certainly caught my eye - he was a real cutie. He'd contrived to forget his bag, and had to go back for it, one of his friends laughing that 'Jake's left his bag behind', hence my being able to include his name in the post title. Before I get deluged in yet more opprobrium, it was strictly a case of 'just looking', and would never have been anything else - as I've said before, I wouldn't engage a boy as young as Jake, even if he was willing, for both our sakes, his because I wouldn't want to harm him, mine because I don't want to go to jail.
As far as fictional cuties go, I'm afraid I've indulged myself by reading Alexandrine again over the past day and a half. Having 'lived with' Xander for all those weeks while I was writing the story, I'm still finding it quite hard to let him go. A sign, no doubt, of my increasing disconnection from reality, but when 'real life' is as crap as it is, escapism is almost an inevitable consequence.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment