Thursday 16 May 2013

In dock

Here I am, reporting live(ish) and direct from the general hospital that serves this part of Surrey. I finally made it to the local NHS walk-in place yesterday teatime, thanks to my brother's generosity, and they promptly sent me here in an ambulance. It wasn't quite as dramatic as it sounds - I've got a bad chest infection, but it had triggered a bout of my heart arrhythmia, the combination of the two leading to my unmanagable levels of shortness of breath. It looks like I'll be here for a day or two while they pump me full of antibiotics, which will make it my longest stay in hospital since I was a baby. It makes me feel pretty stupid, of course, that I didn't address it sooner, but better late than never, hopefully.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      Thank you for the good wishes - I do seem to be on the mend now, so with a bit of convalescence, I'll hopefully be back to normal soon.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Wish you well, Sammy. Antibiotics? Yum! I will keep positive thoughts shooting your way.
    Brian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Brian
      Thank you for the positive input. I'm still swallowing antibiotics, even now, but the course finishes tomorrow. I won't rattle quite so much thereafter!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  3. Whew! I am soooo glad it's nothing WORSE! I'll send your brother a thank you card. Seriously.

    Hope the antibiotics kick in quickly and you're back on your feet soon.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      You couldn't be more grateful to my brother than I am, especially as each trip he's made up to Surrey is at least 100 miles out of his way. I'll be looking for some suitable recompense for him and my sister-in-law soon. The pills do seem to be doing the trick, albeit gradually, although I'm still rather below par just yet. It's moving in the right direction, though.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  4. Sammy

    Apologies for not responding earlier: I'm afraid I've been distracted.

    Best of luck for a speedy recovery - I know you'll want to get out of a hospital bed ASAP anyway!

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mark
      The hospital stay dragged on much longer than I would've chosen, but I have finally managed to escape, and, as I've said to the others, I seem to be on the road to recovery, at least. Thank you for the good wishes.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete