Wednesday 29 May 2013

Well, so much for that

No visit today - my daughter has just rung me, having only recently got up. As she was only intending to do a day trip, by the time she got here, it would be more or less time for her to turn around and go back, which wasn't the object of the exercise. I'm disappointed, needless to say, but, ultimately, it's my fault for having painted myself into a corner as far as being nowhere near her is concerned. As I said the other day, being on my own, more or less permanently, is just something I'm going to have to find a way of coping with.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I am wondering what happened to 1) your job possibility in Cornwall, and 2) where K is going to school next year - up near you or somewhere else?

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I've heard nothing at all about the job, so I think, at this stage, that it can be discounted, while the tentative plan for K to head this way to do her A-Levels seems to have fallen by the wayside, too. There is still the early retirement option, but that has drawbacks, largely financial, of its own. Maybe some solution will emerge, but, at the moment, I get the feeling I'm stuck in some intractable limbo.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete