Thursday 30 May 2013

Hard work, but with an oasis of sorts

I finally managed to get out to register at a local GP this morning - I actually felt quite reasonable when I woke up shortly before 8:00, but by the time I'd got ready a couple of hours or so later, I was already starting to feel more than a little substandard, despite doing nothing more strenuous than breakfasting, shaving and showering. I walked to my nearest surgery, which is less than a mile away, and I was thoroughly glad it wasn't any further. I filled in the necessary paperwork, so all I need to do now is wait for about a week(!) for the surgery to 'process' me and retrieve my records from my old doctor's in Cornwall, and I might be able to see someone. There's nothing like cutting through the red tape, and that's nothing like it!
Given that I was already out, I decided to kill two birds with one stone, and do some shopping as well. Where the oasis experience came in. Given that I've either been indoors or in hospital for almost the whole of this month, my encounters with boys have been virtually nil - I didn't even have my brief glimpse of Jake this week, with it being half term - but that changed for a few minutes in the supermarket, because there were a number of cuties about, albeit all substantially too young to think of anything beyond looking. Even the oldest was only about 11, albeit tall for his age, and very cute, but, given the 'boy desert' I've been inhabiting of late, even being able to admire him and his ilk made a welcome change.
I was out for around two and a half hours overall, and pretty exhausted by the time I got back, but at least I achieved a couple of things I needed to do. I guess it's back to house arrest for a few more days now!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Keep the rest coming! You WILL feel better when you've fully recovered!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm still coming along slowly, I think - it's just when I actually have to do anything that the problems arise!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete