Wednesday 19 March 2014

A boy moment, or close to one, at least

Today was my first early turn since moving, and involved me getting up even earlier than my commute from 'domicile-ville', by around 15 or 20 minutes. It all went smoothly enough, though, as did the shift itself. It was a nice afternoon, so I decided to meander back, by bus, and not by the most direct route, stopping off at my nearest large supermarket to pick up some shopping on the last leg of the trip back home. Which was where the boy came in. Or out, actually - he was exiting the gents as I was going the other way. He was 12, 13 maybe, certainly passably cute, a little look of mischief about him. He looked at me, then looked again, just a hint of a smile in evidence. Then an adult, who he was seemingly with, appeared, and the moment of contact had passed. Another ghost, no doubt, flitting through my life for scant seconds, never to be seen again. What would I have done, had the connection been more substantive? I've no idea, really. But nothing, 100% guaranteed, that the boy didn't want. Just a daydream, realistically, but one, especially given my recent downbeat state, which was undoubtedly better than nothing.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Eye candy is always good! I saw LOTS in Rehoboth Beach last weekend.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Ordinarily, I'd agree with your sentiment, but, in this case, it was a bit of a mixed blessing. He was certainly nice to look at, but the knowledge of his being so close, yet so out of reach, was rather disheartening. You don't miss what you've never had. Except when you do.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete