Friday 7 March 2014

More time-consuming than I expected

My 'new' commute, that is. Distance-wise, it's almost exactly the same from the flat to work as it was from 'domicile-ville', but the need to cross London, and the fact that I haven't got a mainline station particularly close, means that it's taking something like half as long again to make the journey as it was before last weekend. Not that I mind, really, because I've got lots of different permutations of bus, tube and train that I can take, rather than flogging up and down the same 17 miles of railway line every single day. Variety is the spice of life, and all that!
Speaking to K on my way home last night - a pleasant way to occupy myself en route, of course - it seems that she's getting rather excited about the move. She was certainly full of plans and suggestions for the flat, and rightly so, because, after all, it's going to be her home every bit as much as it's mine. Whatever else, I doubt that having her around is going to be boring!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment