Saturday 15 March 2014

Nice day, but not a good day

I've just washed up in my new local, after eight hours of meandering around various bits of Greater London. It's been a thoroughly nice day, weatherwise, and there have been plenty of people about, including a reasonable number of cuties, I had a nice lunch in the shape of a duck sandwich at Borough Market, my first of the year - K will be jealous! - but, all in all, it hasn't been the happiest day of my life. I've been a bit too introspective, I think, brooding on worst case scenarios and the absent, and probably unattainable, positive in my situation. I'll get over it, not least because I'm off to see a good friend tomorrow, and I've got another two days off after that, so I guess today is best consigned to the dustbin of history.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sammy;
    I am finally resting a bit... got caught up as much as I care to catch up with things for one day, and so I wanted to come over and see how you are doing. Reading back, it seems like you are not doing so well. How do you get to "it's a nice day, but not a good day"?
    There are times I so worry for you. I want to believe that you are seizing life... as much as you legally can. I want to believe that you are finding happiness. But, I find I agree with you all too often. And, it's hard for me to maintain a good attitude, too. I hope that you don't close the blog, as you mentioned earlier. I go through periods where I have little to say... but then comes that moment that I realize that I need to express the things bouncing about in my heart and mind - the good, the bad, etc. I'm thankful that my friends are out there, that thy care, and they will give me a bit of their minds and hearts as well. I hope you know that we all care about you, too. I won't always agree with you... shoot, I don't always agree with myself! But, I care!
    Please allow me to encourage you to find happiness... and tell me about it so that I can live vicariously through you :)

    hugs;
    randy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Randy
      Like most people, I have good days and bad days. Yesterday wasn't one of the better ones, but today, spent in the company of a good friend, was much more congenial. But finding happiness, in an overall sense? Doubtful, to say the least.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Shoulda joined us at bloggerpalooza! 3 days of parties and fun with the most congenial group of people you'd ever want to meet!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I don't think my Oystercard stretches quite as far as Delaware! Glad you had a good time, though.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete