Sunday 30 March 2014

That was the weekend that was

I'm back in my local after my day and a half's trip west, a visit that I had some uncertainties about, but which proved to be reasonably painless overall, given that it was the first time I'd seen my ex for more than eighteen months, and the first time I'd spent a night in Cornwall for almost as long, albeit in the anonymity of a Travelodge. K's performance was the primary reason for the visit, and I wrote about that last night, but my ex also wanted to discuss some issues around K's move up here. Those discussions were civil enough, although I still suspect that my ex would rather our daughter was staying with her, and did have the beneficial outcome, from my perspective, of my being able to pick up a handful of bits and pieces my ex had rescued from the old house. The last act of the weekend, apart from a rather tortuous journey back, was my going to lunch with K, although my girl wasn't at her sparkling best - she's not been too well of late, and she was very tired today. Hopefully she'll perk up over the coming days, not least because she's got her GCSE art exam on Thursday and Friday, but also because of her forthcoming plans for the Easter holidays, including her first visit to the flat in a fortnight's time. I'll be looking forward to that, needless to say.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment