Thursday 27 March 2014

Seek....

....and sometimes you'll find. After some weeks of fruitless searching, I found a copy of Another Country on DVD this afternoon, in the unnecessarily vast Westfield shopping centre in Shepherd's Bush (about half a mile from where I lived during my previous sojourn in London in the eighties, coincidentally, although Westfield hadn't even been dreamt of back then), where I'd gone after work to look for something else entirely. I'm not sure if I'll get round to watching it tonight, though - after my ninth pre-4:30 alarm call in a row, I have serious doubts about whether I'll be able to stay awake beyond the opening credits! Still, at least my run of earlies has now come to an end - in fact, I'm now off until Monday night, so I can feel some R & R coming on!

2155 edit: Contrary to my expectations, I did stay awake long enough to watch the film, and I still think it's wonderful, if not the happiest viewing. And Adrian Ross-Magenty was even more of a cutie than I remembered!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I love it when I find a movie like that! Lucky you for stumbling across it.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Yeah, I was more than pleased to come across it. Just one very small piece of all that was lost two years restored to my life.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete