Thursday 20 March 2014

The plans they are a' changing. And a posh cutie

This news is almost two days old, but I haven't got around to posting about it until now. In spite of our having arranged it weeks ago, and my having booked leave accordingly, K isn't now going to come up to stay during the school holidays next month. It's her choice, of course, and, to be as fair as I can, the gig she was going to go to in London that week has been cancelled, but I'm still disappointed, all the more so because she delivered the news in such an 'oh, by the way, I forgot to mention' sort of way. I might, if I'm very lucky, be graced with her presence for an overnight stay as she makes her way to her boyfriend's, where she's heading instead. Yeah, capricious teenagers, and all that, but I wasn't very amused when she told me on Tuesday.
A (barely) teenage cutie was a sweeter moment this afternoon, though. And to say that he was posh is, if anything, an understatement, because he was a pupil at Harrow School, which is about as upmarket as it gets. My latest circuitous route back from work took me past the school earlier, and there was a small cross-section of the school population on view, mostly on their way to or from games lessons, it seemed. Oddly enough, though, the average attractiveness (to my eyes) of most of them was a notch or two lower than I might expect to see on passing a bog-standard state school. The boy in question, I have to say, was very much the exception that proved the rule. He was gorgeous, tallish, dark-haired, athletic looking, even allowing for his being in sports gear. Just stunning. Good enough to eat. And you can take that any way you like!

Love & best wishes
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. There was a veritable cornucopia of "good looking" out at the office I was working in this afternoon. Rather a nice way to pass the time while waiting for servers to do their thing for me!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      A cornucopia of eye candy sounds like just my thing! I did espy some on my rather long, drawn-out trip back from work, but none as alluring as 'Harrow boy'. Still, mustn't be greedy, I guess!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete