Wednesday 26 March 2014

Someone else I daren't meet

A definite slip at work this morning, albeit one I got away with (I think). The colleague of mine who is amongst those I most regularly work with, and get along with probably the best of all of my workmates, is, as I've mentioned before, the father of two sons. I'd seen a picture of the older boy (who's now 13, and not at all difficult to look at) before on his dad's phone, but I'd never seen a picture of 'little bro'. Until this morning, when my colleague came back to his position after I'd relieved him for his break, and put his phone down on the desk. His 'lockscreen' wallpaper was a photo of his younger son, taken at Wembley when they were there for a football match recently. And the little guy is just lovely, blond and very good-looking (he takes after his mother, apparently). The words came out before I even had chance to think - 'he's cute'. Fortunately, my colleague seemed to take my use of the word 'cute' in its parental/familial version, and agreed with me, although he also said, jokingly, that the boy was 'a monster'. If he looks that good on an unposed photograph, I wouldn't want to see him in 'real life' - I could very easily 'out' myself in the face of such beauty, and that wouldn't, I suspect, do much for my career prospects. And it's not entirely out of the question that I might find myself invited, at least, to some event or other where I might see the boys - my colleague and I do get on pretty well, and there have already been 'near misses' as far as getting together outside work goes. What I would do if I received such an invitation, I don't know. Another example of the minefield that life as a boylover entails.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. At least you are OK. Be careful!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      No belated issues at work this morning, either - my colleague was his normal friendly self. A timely reminder to engage brain before operating mouth!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete