Friday 28 March 2014

Facetime

As previously related, I'm off to the West Country tomorrow for K's last day at her stage school. But there is another issue, too. I'll be seeing my ex, face to face, for the first time in eighteen months or so, and for the first time since we divorced. We've spoken on the phone often enough, including this week, and it's been reasonably amicable, for the most part, but it's still a difficult situation for me to negotiate, especially as I didn't want us to split up in the first place. We're going to meet up for K's performance, and all three of us are going for a meal afterwards. Like a lot of things about what's happened, I've got very mixed feelings about how it might go. How are you supposed to relate to someone you still love, but who doesn't love you anymore? Someone you wanted to spend the rest of your life with, but who threw you out almost without a second thought? It's not going to be an easy day, I suspect.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I wish you the best, Sammy. Minefields are best negotiated on tiptoes, with feelers out in front. I know you are man enough to handle this.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I know I need to find a way of handling the situation, for K's sake, if for no other reason. Quite how best to handle it, though - that's another question entirely.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete