Saturday 22 March 2014

Soooo cute!

On my way here - my new local - from work, one of the series of buses I took was more than a little busy. As I made my way towards the back of the single-deck vehicle, it was apparent that there was only one seat available. Next to a small boy. And I mean small - he was only around 5 or 6. He wasn't on his own, needless to say, dad and big brother - who was actually far cuter than the little guy - were sitting immediately behind. Almost as soon as the bus pulled away from the stop where I'd boarded, we got stuck in traffic. At which point my young seatmate seemed to wilt almost in reaction, and fell asleep. Against me. Although I'm sure there are those who wouldn't believe me, it provoked nothing but an 'awww, soooo cute!' reaction, very paternally rooted. It actually reminded me a lot of my daughter at his age, and younger - K's capacity for falling asleep on just about any means of transport you can think of, from aeroplanes to shopping trollies, was almost legendary! And, unlikely as it might seem, the little guy was called Sammy! Big bro called his name to wake him up when the bus reached their stop. My alter ego's alter ego, junior edition!
There was a dark cloud wrapped around the silver lining, though - it struck me that on the equivalent Saturday, exactly half a year ago, I spent a wonderful afternoon and early evening in the company of a very special young man. And it all ended in disaster. J, of course. There's always something there to remind me.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fine trip. Remember the positive. Let the negative slide.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It was certainly a nice quarter of an hour or so. And you're right, some things are just nice because they're nice, and should be viewed in that light.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete