Sunday 30 March 2014

Dismissal

Heard at the bar, a little while ago - 'What, you've got a girlfriend?' It might have been meant as a joke, but the recipient of the remark was conspicuously silent. I remember being told by a girl, a long, long time ago, in just that tone of voice, 'dance with you?'. That tone of dismissiveness, maybe not even a conscious thing from the instigator, is one of the most soul destroying, spirit destroying things imaginable, as far as I'm concerned.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I get you, Sammy. 100%. I "dated" girls. I went to prom, with a girl. I wish I never heard that tone of voice, but yeah, I do, we do.

    I guess I quit worrying about it. Anyone says it to me, look out. But I hate it.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm not expecting to hear that tone of voice aimed at me any time soon, because I'm simply not looking to get involved with anyone. But hearing that comment in the pub last night threw me back years, and brought home how even a careless, throwaway remark, never mind a deliberate jibe, can be so hurtful.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete