Wednesday 5 March 2014

Tips for living with my daughter

I'm going down to Plymouth in three weekends time to see K's swansong at her stage school - the one that's contributed more than a little to our poverty over the past decade! - leading to an unintentionally (probably) amusing comment by my ex a couple of days ago. She'll be at the performance as well - it will be our first face to face meeting for over a year, although we speak regularly enough on the phone - and she's promised to give me some 'tips for living with K'. With all due respect, I really don't think I need any 'coaching' in relating to my daughter - we've always been pretty much on the same wavelength, and I expect that continuing to treat her as an intelligent equal will probably have the desired effect. I have little doubt that there will be points of friction now and again, but I can't imagine that we'll suddenly become mortal enemies. One of these days, my ex will (I hope) come to realise that K isn't a little girl anymore, and, when she does, I'm sure it will do wonders for their relationship, too.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. No doubt at all! But a few tips: She wants her privacy and independence! That is all. ;-)

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      The privacy and independence that she's had, within bounds of responsible parenthood, from me since she was a little girl. As I said, I'm not envisaging any major problems.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete